Tel. 0781 681 8363
77 Newmarket Road,
WCT provides medico-legal assessments and reports throughout the UK. Reports are generally prepared for Criminal Court, Parole Boards and Mental Health Review Tribunals. Marilyn Sher has experience preparing reports on adolescents and adults and is known for her thorough approach and high standard of reports.
Marilyn is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, chartered with the British Psychological Society and is on the British Psychological Society Expert Witness Directory. She also has a Certificate in Expert Witness Skills from the University of Cardiff/Bond Solon.
Opinions provided are based on a combination of clinical interviews, standardised assessments administered, and background information provided in the dossiers (e.g. witness statements, GP records, reports by other professionals).
Assessments and reports generally consider the following:
• Cognitive/intellectual ability (e.g. IQ; daily living skills; memory; executive functioning)
• Offending behaviour and assessment of risk (violence; sexual; domestic violence; firesetting; general)
• Certain aspects of capacity (e.g. ability to consent to sexual activity; ability to participate in a trial; suggestibility)
• Psychological functioning (e.g. coping style; resilience)
• Personality and personality disorders
• Social/interpersonal functioning
• Mental health difficulties (e.g. depression; anxiety; psychosis; PTSD)
Please note – this list is not exhaustive, but provides a general summary. Please contact WCT for your specific needs.
Please see the ‘other info’ tab for examples of instructions received recently.